Thursday, July 19, 2007

Week Three: Planner's Wedding - Part Two


Really short entry for Friday here. :) The Planner's wedding was just beautiful. She was gorgeous, the groom (a big tough guy) got teary as he said his vows, and best of all, The Planner--for whom moving around had been difficult due to recent illness--was able to walk down the aisle to meet her now-husband at the altar.

The ceremony was--and I'm not lying--15 minutes long. And then we all got crazy at the reception. It was great. I almost never have a date to weddings, so they tend to be pretty painful (all those happy couples...gag). This was one of the least painful weddings I've been to, so a big THANK YOU and a job well done goes to The Planner. :)

Saturday, my mom picked me up at Thrifty when I dropped off my rental car, stopped at The Planner's mom's house for after-wedding brunch, packed some of The Planner's gifts into our car, and started the 8-hour trek home.

The only place we stopped that is worth noting is Cabela's in Dundee, MI. At 225,000 square feet of camping, hunting, fishing and outdoor sports equipment, this place is Gander Mountain on serious steroids. No joke-- they sell cabins here. It's not a place I would plan a vacation around, but there are people who do it - I cannot even tell you how many campgrounds we passed that advertised their proximity to Cabela's. There was a outdoorsey-themed hotel across the parking lot with 3 tour buses in front of it. Bizarre. That said, if you just so happen to be on US-23 between Ann Arbor and Toledo, you will most likely pass Cabela's and wonder what it is. Go check it out. Being the proud new owner of a cast iron pan with lid and a 5-qt dutch oven (total cost - $53.00--don't I love cast iron!), I can certainly say I'm glad we stopped in.

If, For Some Reason, You Are Insane Like My Mother and Me and Decide to Drive From MI to VA in One Day:

Cabela's
110 Cabela Blvd., East
Dundee, MI 48131





No comments: