Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Week Three: I will update my doings for last weekend soon, I promise!

But in the meantime, I wanted to put out a blurb about an info session TONIGHT at Buzz Bakery in Alexandria. Justin Wilson, Democratic candidate for Alexandria City Council will be at Buzz to talk about what his plans are if elected to the Alexandria City Council. If you are an Alexandria resident, this will provide you with a great opportunity to make sure you are heard. And it's FREE (I'm a big fan of free).

It is ALSO National Don't Step On A Bee Day (really!), which was originally created to remind people to be careful when running around barefoot. However, Buzz has taken the holiday to raise awareness of Colony Collapse Disorder, which "is decimating commercial beekeeping operations across the country". Buzz will be offering bee- and honey- themed treats in honor of the occasion.

I'm going to try to be there but can make no guarantees, as I am driving The Planner and the future Mr. Planner to the airport. That doesn't mean you shouldn't go, however!


If you go:

Buzz Bakery
901 Slaters Ln.
Alexandria, VA 22314

No comments: