Saturday, July 28, 2007

Week Four: Tysons Corner with the RN

A friend of mine, whom I met through CrapBastard over St. Patrick's Day, works as a nurse in the area. Every once in a while, she gets a few days off, and we get together, usually we catch dinner somewhere and chat for a few hours. Last Saturday, we decided to meet half-way between our homes at Tysons Corner, get dinner at Gordon Biersch, and see "License to Wed" at the AMC theater there, and also chat for a few hours.

Here is what I like about Tysons Corner: it's huge, and it has stores that I have never seen before. For example, I have never seen a Banana Republic store completely devoted to petites. This is like a type of heaven for me.

Here's what I don't like about Tysons Corner: it's huge, which means there are a lot of people in one place--especially on a Saturday. That means it's noisy. And incredibly dirty. If you do happen to find yourself at Tysons Corner, do yourself a favor: don't use the bathrooms. My experience in the ones I found near the food court is likely to give me nightmares.

My dinner at Gordon Biersch, however, was quite good. Our waiter was attentive, and the food was good. I had the Gorgonzola Bone-in Ribeye (a real ribeye this time) with garlic mashed potatoes and julienned yellow and green squash, and RN had the burger and fries. The Ribeye was great - and almost as good when I reheated it the next day. The potatoes and julienned squash never made it home because they were yummy.

"License to Wed" was entertaining, though I liked Harry Potter 5 better. The real treat at the AMC theater in Tysons Corner, though, is the ergonomic seats. Bar none, they are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in at a movie theater.

We ate, we chatted, we watched a movie, window shopped, and I was home before 11. After the previous night, it was heavenly.

If you go:

Tysons Corner Center
1961 Chain Bridge Rd.
McLean, VA 22102

Gordon Biersch
7861 L Chain Bridge Rd.
McLean, VA 22102

AMC Theaters
7850 E Tysons Corner Center
McLean, VA 22102

No comments: