Saturday, July 7, 2007

End of Week Two

I've decided that while it's good to get out, it's good to stay in from time to time, too. Girl's gotta do laundry, after all, which is exactly what I did on Thursday. Well, that, and I started this blog. I even watched a little TV, which I haven't done in months.

Little bit about me: I am more than a little uncomfortable with the idea of spending my life watching other people live theirs; therefore, I don't really watch a whole lot of TV. I have cable only because it is $5 more to get cable on top of internet than to get internet alone. Since I "must" have internet (or at least I think I must, heh), and cable TV might be useful (right?), I decided for the time being to pay the extra $5 per month and get it, even though I rarely watch TV. I do watch movies from time to time, though, and I have a Netflix subscription that I am pretty happy with, so maybe I contradict myself on that whole "watching people live their lives" thing. Hm.

Friday, I'd promised The Planner that I would come over and help her clean in preparation for her very low-key poolside bachelorette party on Saturday. Marathoner was going to pick up the Maid of Honor from the airport when she got in from Chicago, and then we'd all sit down for some pizza and pasta. Since The Planner, Marathoner and Maid of Honor and I had all gone to the same small college in MI, we were going to have a lot to talk about.

So I got to The Planner's apartment around 7PM to help her clean, and discovered she'd done all of it over the course of the day. Seriously, there was nothing left to do. She doesn't move fast, and she reportedly had to take several naps over the course of the day, but she had cleaned both her kitchen and guest bathroom, picked up the living room and dining room, cleaned the guest bedroom and put sheets on the bed, and even vacuumed her entire apartment. She's a Force of Nature, that Planner. So instead of cleaning, we watched TV (more TV!) and chatted merrily until Marathoner and Maid of Honor arrived, whereupon we sat down to pizza and pasta and chatted happily into the night.

It was a wonderful evening.

If You Go:

Go? Ha. I didn't go anywere! Check back tomorrow.

No comments: