Sunday, July 8, 2007

Week Two: The Planner's Bachelorette Party

One of the best things about being friends with The Planner is that she is awfully forgiving of others' lack of planning. Take, for instance, me-- the girl who had every intention of bringing a bachelorette party present...and didn't (whoops!) The Planner didn't mind - she was just happy I was there to help eat the massive amounts of food, and to sit by the pool and gossip. It was a great party--Maid of Honor brought penis straws and pins that said "I'm the Bride!!" or "I'm a Bridesmaid!", The Planner had enough food to overwhelm an NFL defensive line, and we had a great time sitting by the pool (and occasionally swimming). Very low key, and very Planner.

Later on, we decided to wander down the street from where The Planner lives (she's still not moving around so well), over to Mango Mike's, where we had a variety of frozen drinks-- peach margarita for The Planner, an amazing strawberry margarita for me, and a virgin pina colada served in a coconut for Maid of Honor (who is not a drinker). I also ended up having dinner - salmon served on a plank with vegetables and mashed potatoes - fantastic. Yum.

After the day in the sun, I went home for a well-deserved good night's sleep.

If you go:

Mango Mikes
4580 Duke St.
Alexandria, VA 22304

No comments: